Thursday, February 7

DIY: Redneck Wineglasses

I love a good and easy DIY project!  I bought myself a set of Redneck Wineglasses last year that I just think are the cutest glasses ever. Everyone should own at least two of these :)

So I needed to come up with something perfect for the Hostesses for my work baby shower and what better gift then this.

Here's what you'll need (I made 6)
- Glass candle sticks from the Dollar Store
- Ball (or Kerr, whichever you prefer) Mason Jars (run through your dishwasher before using)
- Devcon 5 minute Epoxy (I had the hubby go pick this up, you can get at Lowe's or Home Depot)
- Mixing Tray
- Toothpick (much easier than the cutips I have pictured below)
- Optional: Burlap Ribbon, Adhesive Cardstock, Glue Gun

Directions:
1. Follow the directions on the back of the Epoxy for mixing. Mix with the toothpick.
2. Using your toothpick, apply the Epoxy to the rim of the candlestick and place the mason jar on top. **Note - it won't 'stick' completely until its fully dry. Place it somewhere for a few hours before handling.
3. All done!!




Now, since I was giving these as a gift I wanted to pretty them up so I added some burlap ribbon that I found at Hobby Lobby (don't you just love that Chevron Print!) and the letter. Since Burlap is not completely solid, I cut out a strip of a paper to put behind it where I used the hot glue so it didn't get on the glass. Then I cut out the letter using my Silhouette Cameo.



I just love the way it all turned out!



No comments :

Post a Comment