Tuesday, April 2

Great Loss

My Husband, friends and I lost a great man tonight. A man who no matter what would be there for you in a heartbeat, someone who would give you the shirt off his back and who was one of the most loving people I know.

Just by looking at Facebook tonight you can see the impact that this man had on everyone. He was a great friend to all and was involved in some if not most of the best memories a lot of us had. He was someone who made you happy just by seeing his big beautiful smile or by having a simple conversation with him.

I remember the first time I met him. It was December 8, 2006 and I went to Ruston, LA to watch a friend (now my husband) play at a local bar. I'll never forget that moment because I felt like I was instantly drawn to him. He just had this aurora about him that made you want to be around him. And so in the next years leading to now if I knew we were going somewhere where he would be it would make me that much more excited to go - to see him and get to hang out with him especially since we all lived in a different state.

My Husband and him were Fraternity brothers at Louisiana Tech and was one of J's best of friends. Seeing the pain he is going through tonight is hurting me more than ever. I'm grieving the loss of a friend and my husband is grieving the loss of a brother. Someone he has cherished for years and really loves.

I'm so sad for our loss and even more sad that I won't be able to go and grieve with my Husband and the rest of our friends at his funeral. 38 1/2 weeks pregnant and strict no travel. I'm not always a rule follower and this is definitely the time I want to break them but for the sake of my unborn son and myself its just not feasible.

I am happy to know though that I got to spend time with him last week when he came in town for a few days. I will cherish those 3 days I got to see him, the laughs we all shared, the TMI stories I told and even the very gentle way he touched my stomach when Jamison was moving. He was so funny about it and not wanting to 'hurt the baby'. He was a gentle giant and this world just simply won't be the same without him.

RIP Stephen Jackson, you will be missed tremendously and we love you so much!

No comments :

Post a Comment