Saturday, February 2

What's For Dinner: Crockpot Cheesy Chicken

My typical weekend either consists of running errands or hanging out on the couch all day watching all my taped shows from the week.  With the occassional meet up with friends and grilling at the house but more than likely, on a Saturday or Sunday, I'm on my couch!  This weekend however, I was very productive! I celebrated my sweet friend Valerie's birthday with a yummy brunch, ran errands and started on the crate bookcases for the nursery :)  More to come on that but something that is way out of the ordinary for a weekend home is cooking. 

Since the start of the new year I've tried to make at least 2-3 home cooked meals a week.  Now, sometimes we fall off the wagon but hey - this is much better than the usual fast food run 3 times a day everyday that we had fallen into the past year. 

Saturday night I made the yummiest crockpot dish.  Originally the recipe is from Budget Savy Diva but I changed it up a bit (changes are highlighted in yellow).

Crockpot Cheesy Chicken

Ingredients:
1 Cup Chicken Stock
1 Cup Colby Jack Cheese
1 Can Rotel
2 Boneless Chicken Breasts
1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
8 oz. Cream Cheese
Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
Optional: Cooked Rice or Tortilla Chips

Instructions:
1. Set your crockpot to low and add all of the ingredients except for the Colby Jack Cheese and the Rice.
2. Cook for 6 hours
3. Shred your Chicken and place back in crockpot.
4. Top with Colby Jack Cheese and mix.
5. Let cook for another 1 - 1 1/2 hours.
6. Serve over Cooked Rice or with Tortilla Chips
7. Optional: Top with more cheese.


Delicious!!!  I love a good crockpot meal.  Nothing is easier (except a drive thru) then throwing in a bunch of ingredients and checking back every now and then to make sure it still looks good. 

BTW - if you don't use these already, you must invest in the Reynolds Crockpot Liners.  These are a lifesaver when it comes to doing the dishes later.  There is no messy cleanup, you just throw the bag away and done.  I haven't used my crockpot without these since I found them a few years ago.  Even when J complained our food would taste like plastic (It doesn't - promise)!

Happy Superbowl Sunday!!

No comments :

Post a Comment