Wednesday, March 27

Oh My Yummy Goodness

**Update - very yummy!! Definitely serve it warm! Would go great with some vanilla ice cream :)

At least I hope the 'yummy' is correct in that title :)

I'm headed to a friends house tonight for dinner and offered to make dessert.  I found this recipe on Pinterest and couldn't resist.  Really, only two ingredients??  Is it too good to be true??  We shall see tonight! 

Here's the recipe with my modifications. 

Cinnamon Apple Cake

Ingredients:
 - 1 can of apple pie filling - I used the Duncan Hines brand
 - 1 box of dry angel food cake mix - I used the Betty Crocker brand
 - Cinnamon Sugar

Directions:
1. Mix the apple filling and the dry angel food mix until it's not powdery anymore
2. Sprinkle some cinnamon sugar all over the top (I love cinnamon sugar so I used quite a bit)
3. Mix a little more
4. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until the top browns
**I originally did it for 30 minutes but when I put a toothpick in the center, it was still a little moist
**Note that oven temperatures vary so just be watchful that the top doesn't burn or doesn't cook all the way

I'm hoping the results are super yummy - if so, this will be what I make for Easter since I'm in charge of dessert :)

No comments :

Post a Comment