Tuesday, November 12

The Thankful Project Day 12: An Opportunity



Today's prompt for The Thankful Project by Chasing Happy is an opportunity.
 
I thought a lot about this today and decided to make this one short and sweet and more importantly, bookmarked so that I can go back and actually work on what I need to.
 
Opportunities in Career:
 - Public Speaking.  I have a genuine fear of a lot of people staring at me.  I was nervous to walk down the aisle on my wedding day and not because I was getting married but because everyone would be staring at me.  I'm the same way at work.  I've worked with my team for a few years and am so comfortable with them. But the thought of having to present something in front of them makes me queasy.  I could be THE expert at whatever subject it is and I would probably still fumble and fail.  At least that's what is in my mind.  I feel as if at times I've become more comfortable with doing this but it definitely needs a lot more work.  I don't plan on being the CEO one day and having to make all of these big presentations.  But it would sure be nice to not want to hurl my lunch with the thought of having to speak in front of people.
 - Knowledge.  I have been working at my job for almost 5 years.  I have worked in the operations side of things for 2.  I should know a lot more than I know now.  I've already been attending more meetings, learning about new initiatives and planning travel days with one of my bosses.  I would love to know more though.   I own my development and I know that this will do wonders for me - especially when talking to Managers or Directors. 
 
Opportunities in Personal Life:
 - Organization.  This speaks for itself.  I can be a hoarder of some sorts (J especially).  We just don't want to part with things for some reason.  I NEED to be able to look in one spot for something.  Occassionally when we're searching really hard for something, the whole house gets turned around.  My Mom is a super organized person and I just need to channel my inner Dona and get it done!
 - Take it easy.  Sometimes (okay, a lot of times) I get a little worked up about things.  I've slowly gotten better, I've tried to not wear my emotions on my sleeve, but sometimes it's easier said than done.  I'm an emotional person to begin with and I think about everything.  Ever have full blown scenarios of situations play out in your head.  Yeah, that's me - on a daily basis!  I think I just need to put a sign on my mirror that I look at every day reminding me to do so.
 

No comments :

Post a Comment