Wednesday, December 9

B & C: Three Month Update

Three months down y'all.  We're surviving and I'm so glad that I had realistic expectations when it came to life with two babies and a toddler.  Sometimes one, two, or all three are unhappy, but when we get smiles out of those sweet faces, it makes everything right in our little world.

Weight/Length: We go back to the doctor at 4 months so I will know then.  If I had to guess weight - I would say they are close to 11lbs now.

Eat: They are taking 6oz of formula every 4 hours: 6am, 10am, 2pm, and 6pm.  They then get a dream feed at 10pm with 4oz.  They definitely let you know when they're hungry, especially in the morning and when we get home from school.  It normally takes them about 15-20 minutes to finish and I love how they just stare at us the whole time.

Sleep: Thank you God for giving me babies that sleep well!  The girls have been consistently sleeping through the night since about 8.5 weeks.  They were in Rock n Plays during this time but a week later we had to start them in their cribs.  The first few days were a disaster but they're back to sleeping through and it's been great.  Sometimes one of them will randomly wake up at 4am but she goes back to sleep after a few minutes.  They both go to bed at 7:30pm and wake up at 6am.  Naps are hit or miss some days but we're working on that :)

Bree: This sweet girl loves to smile.  When she hears her Daddy's voice, she starts grinning ear to ear.  She loves staring at the lamp, standing on our lap (she has freakishly strong legs), playing with her crinkle book and she has started to grab for her toys a lot more on her playmat.  She let's you know when she's tired and as soon as we pop a paci in, she's out in a matter of seconds.  Lately, when she's taking her bottle, she'll hold onto one of my fingers.  It's like she searches it out because the second she grabs it, she will relax just a little bit.  She looks a lot like Justin and Jamison too and even though we finally sent the test out to see if they are identical, I'm pretty sure it will come back fraternal because of how similar she looks to my boys. 

Cami: This one smiles with her eyes.  I swear it's like a twinkle in her eye when she smiles and it's just beautiful.  She loves looking at herself in the mirror, playing with her crinkle book and sitting up.  She is also starting to be my back sleeper.  When we had to transition the girls to their cribs, we put them on their tummies.  Jamison slept the same way and we only did this because 1. they can move their heads side to side and 2. they were both rolling over.  She will sometimes flip in the night though and after a few seconds of arm flailing, she relaxes and is fast asleep.  Most nights it takes a little bit for her to get settled. I rock her in her room until she stops being so squirmy and actually falls asleep.  In the process though, she grabs at me with one hand and kind of caresses my chest close to my neck.  I love that part of rocking her to sleep.  And she looks like me - yay!!

Jamison: Still loves them, is still a little crazy, and according to Justin - we fight like children!  This kid drives me insane sometimes.  I love him so much though - his excitement about things makes my heart happy.  He is currently obsessed with Santa Clause - "Santa Clause is coming to town" is his new favorite phrase.  I really miss just taking him places - on icecream dates, dinner dates, to the grocery store, etc.  I need to start doing this one on one stuff with him again. 

Momma & Daddy: Life is good :) 


No comments :

Post a Comment