Sunday, March 17

What's for Dinner: Baked Chicken

What a busy weekend we had! J got in late from Mexico City on Friday then Saturday we were pretty much gone all day. Maternity pictures in the morning, 1 year olds birthday party that afternoon and a yummy dinner to end the night for one of my best friends birthday. I was definitely looking forward to relaxing and doing a whole lot of nothing today!

Since I'm trying (and succeeding) with no fast food, I'm going to be cooking most of this week. Now, 36 weeks pregnant I would love to be cooking the bad stuff but J has been doing so good with his low-calorie eating that I thought I better cook some healthier meals while he's home this week. This baked chicken I made was soooo good. I'm not usually a lover of plain chicken without a fancy recipe that goes along with it, but this was very moist and very flavorful.

Baked Chicken

Ingredients:
- Chicken Breast - I made 2
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt
- Pepper
- Poultry Seasoning
- 9x9 foil pan - if you're making more than 2, use a bigger pan

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375F
2. Pam your pan and drizzle some olive oil, tilting pan to cover the bottom
3. Wash and pat dry chicken and place in the pan
4. Take a fork and pierce the chicken a few times
5. Drizzle the olive oil on top of the chicken
6. Sprinkle the salt, pepper and poultry seasoning on top
7. Bake for 15 minutes then take out of oven, flip the chicken and sprinkle the salt, pepper, poultry seasoning again
8. Bake for 15 more minutes

My chickens were not too thick at all so they came out perfect. I also served it with rice. You can use pretty much any seasoning on top, I think it's the olive oil and flipping the chicken that make it so good. Super easy recipe, quick and delicious!

No comments :

Post a Comment