Friday, April 19

Prayer and Faith

Jesus, I know that I am a sinner. I believe that you died for my sins and rose from the grave so that I might have eternal life in Heaven with You. I willingly repent of my sins and ask You to come into my heart and life. Take control of my words, thoughts and actions. I place all of my trust in You for my salvation. I accept You as my Lord and Savior and this free gift of eternal life. Amen.

We are not promised tomorrow - this rings so true especially with the tragic events that have occurred in Boston and in West this week. I've always been a believer and a Christian but I've never prayed the prayer and truly asked The Lord into my heart to be my personal Lord and Savior.

I know that my eternal life will be spent with my husband and the ones I love and hold dear to my heart. And I know that my son, as he gets older will make decisions for himself but one I'm sure of will be that he too will ask for The Lord into his heart. I know this because of what he will be taught - by us and by others. We are blessed with many Godly influences in our lives and I know I will never deny or stray from Him.

Since being pregnant with Jamison it has really opened my eyes to religion. I don't know much about the bible but can't wait to learn, I don't know everything about the Baptist faith but will be at Church every Sunday that I'm able, and I know I'm not perfect but I know that He doesn't judge me for it. I'm ready for this journey and I know that if I'm gone tomorrow I will be with Him in eternal life.

3 comments :

  1. Taryn, what a sweet explanation of your faith and trust in God. You already know what you need to know, but I applaud your wanting to learn more through Bible study. Love you and Justin and sweet Jamison. Aunt Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you, dear friend. This makes my heart so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will feel the peace and love he will provide for you when you put everything in his hands! love you.

    ReplyDelete