Tuesday, April 7

16 Week Twin Update


Girl A


Girl B

How far along: 16 weeks, 4 days

Total weight gain: +1 but back to my pre-pregnancy weight. My MFM wants me to gain 24lbs by 24 weeks and 50lbs total. At this rate, I need to gain 3lbs a week to reach the 24 week goal. I already eat a lot so I may have to start adding protein drinks in soon. 

How big are the babies: They are both measuring right at 6oz and are the size of avocados. Their arms and legs and are now completely formed and they are now able to grasp.

Maternity clothes: Yes and I'm so glad it's getting warmer. Shorts and Maxi dresses will be my go to for the rest of this pregnancy. 

Stretch marks: None

Sleep: I still have to get up several times in the night to go to the bathroom. I also am so stuffy that I may need to start wearing my breathe right strips a little sooner. I've been actually sleeping a lot better though. 

Best moment this week: Seeing the babes yesterday and Jamison getting to go back to school today. We had a hell of a week last week with a flood in our house and Jamison being sick and having another seizure. Good things were definitely needed for us this week!

Miss anything: Oddly, Miller Lite. With the stress of last week, I just wanted to sip on a cold beer!  I'm not a big drinker either.

Movement: I'm pretty sure I felt something around 14 weeks. I was in the middle of a conversation when I felt it and I just grabbed my tummy and stopped talking. It startled me!  Haven't felt anything since, but with the way these two are moving on ultrasounds, I imagine I'll feel more a lot sooner. 

Food cravings: Joe's Salad. It's the ranch. Best ranch dressing I've ever had. 

Anything make you queasy or sick: Not anymore!

Gender: Girls!!

Labor signs: None

Symptoms and how I'm feeling: Heartburn. Headaches are gone and I haven't had any nausea in a few weeks. I finally feel human again. 

Belly button in or out: In

Wedding rings on or off: On

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy. And emotional. I cry over everything. Last week it was daily and probably a few times a day!

Looking forward to: Several things: getting our house fixed, Jamison NEVER getting a fever again (unlikely I know, but one can hope!), and seeing the babes again at my OB appointment next week.


No comments :

Post a Comment